Why does my printer jam everytime?

loopal

Beta member
My printer seems like it is feeding the paper too fast, why???

It's a NEC SuperScript 1450N, laser printer. On laser printers, it's supposed to printe one page at a time, then the next page comes out after a slight pause, well mine, the first page prints fine, then the 2nd page is literally overlapping the first page when it's coming out. Then it jams when the 2nd page is halfway out. The printer is essentially feeding the paper too quickly. The timing is all messed up.

****EDIT****I just found out after messing around with it that it only happens when it's being fed from the main paper tray. I don't have the problem when I'm printing from the Manual Paper tray. I guess I can use the manual paper tray from now on but it would be nice if I could use the Main tray as the manual only holds maybe 100 sheets where the main tray holds 500.

Are there seperate feeders for the main tray and the manual tray? Any ideas?

That's real simple. Here's a few things to check.
Recycled or just cheap paper. Both have rough surfaces that will grip the page under it. In that case, get a higher grade paper with a smoother surface.
Use a lighter pound paper. Pound means how dense the paper is. Thickness and actual weight.
Another thing is don't stack the paper packs more than a couple of packs high and store them in a dry a place as possible. Moisture can get in and if enough weight is pressing down can cause the pages to stick to each other.
Don't load the trays to the max.
Maybe back up 50 pages in either tray. Just because it says it will doesn't mean it really will. The guy that wrote the owners manual is not there having to deal with your paper jams.
Roll the paper packs around in your hands before you use the paper. Twist, roll, bend them around while still in the pack. That helps to break the pages bonding together.
And finally, may be time to clean the old gal out. Canned air works wonders. Or take it to a shop and have it professionally done.

Can you tell I've had my share of printer problems?

setishock, thanks for your input but i really dont think it has anything to do with the paper. i'm using good quality paper, 20 pounds. i'm also aware that i should fan the paper before loading.

besides paper being the cause of the issue, what else might it be? could it be the rubber roller that feeds the paper?

Back
Top Bottom