why does bittorrent not work with my comp?

Jorfee

Baseband Member
I have DSL and it never works for me. I always get a yellow light and that's it. I've allowed it to connect through my firewall and even when the firewall is off it still will not work. It connects but downloads at a very slow 5kb/s. Can anyone try and walk me through this?

Have u tried a different client? And does it do this with every torrent u have tried? Also go to ur clients page and read the FAQ.

i have read the faq and yes I think it does it with every client I use. I just don't know if I am doing everyting correctly. I have before opened up the ports that my friend uses on his PC without any luck.

Hmm, go into Options or something.
Have you set your internet settings correctly, like maybe they go through a proxy? for example? Or Maybe the speed?

Jorfee said:
I have before opened up the ports that my friend uses on his PC without any luck.

Well the ports can be different. So what client are u using? I'd suggest trying bitcomet, it lets u choose which port u want it to use.

im not sure what ports to even pick and right now i was trying out bittornado. Can anyone pick a decent bittorent program for me and kinda list out exactly what I need to do to get it running correctly? I'd appreciate it. My ISP is verizon DSL.

Back
Top Bottom