when installing a extra HDD what wires will I need?

I would assume the SATA cable will be included with the hard drive.

The power cable will be already attached to your power supply in the computer. You need to check to make sure that your power supply has an appropriate connector for a SATA device.

I would assume the SATA cable will be included with the hard drive.

The power cable will be already attached to your power supply in the computer. You need to check to make sure that your power supply has an appropriate connector for a SATA device.

SATA cable is almost never included with a bare drive.

Guess I didn't pay enough attention. Just assumed it was a normal hard drive order. Sorry. You will need to pick up a sata cable then as well. Please verify that your motherboard has a sata connection on it.

yes my MOBO has 6SATA ports 3 are used so I plan on eventualley adding 3 HDD

are you Guy's saying there are allready power connections there?

please post links of the cables I'll need.
here's a look at the inside of my new PC. do you Guy's see any power connections?

also the orginal HDD is to the right of my thumb are the 2 slots below for the 2 extra HDDs? and will I have to unplug the orginale HDDs SATA cable to fit the additionalle drives in?
edit I do know to completely power down before I install a HDD.

edit what do you Guy's think about my choice in extra stroage (remember this is a home threater PC, I've read that a audio video type HDD is preferred however they are like twice the cost of a regular HDD any thoughts?
STB
sataports2.jpg

By stevethebrain at 2012-04-24

Last edited:
A/V hard drive? Never heard of one. Got a link?

You have your thumb on the power connectors.

Back
Top Bottom