Whats cleanest way to uninstall this?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I have just brought myself a 8800GTX, it should be arriving tomorrow morning. my question is how do i fully uninstall my old x1900xt so that i can give the cleanest install of the 8800GTX?

Well remove the driver from the add remove programs list and then go to the device manager and remove the x1900 from there . then shut the syste down and put the 8800 in and boot it up

i would take out the drivers first in add/remove programs the turn off the power (on the power supply) then be careful while taking it out and unplug it then put your new one in and hit the power. you resolution will be 800x600 because you need the drivers once you get the drivers in and restart the comp the resolution should set itself. your good to go. play a few games to make sure its working

i just stuck in my 8800GTS it was fine, ran smooth until my PSU died, should be gettting a new one today

• Download new graphics driver (NVIDIA site)
  • Download Driver Cleaner Pro (Google it)
  • Remove old driver (Add/Remove programmes)
  • Boot to Safe Mode (F8 usually)
  • Run Driver Cleaner Pro (follow instructions)
  • Power off (Start > Turn off computer then turn switch off at either psu or wall socket)
  • Ground yourself on a metal case part
  • Remove old card
  • Insert new card
  • Reboot
  • Cancel New Hardware Wizard
  • Run downloaded driver setup (self executing)
  • Enjoy your new card

:D

that sounds pretty clean to me ^ lol
id personally just take out the old one, put in the new one (with the computer off lol). then just remove all traces of my old card from device manager and add remove or where ever.
i dont why all that stuff is needed tbh but w/e turns you on.

As long as you've removed the old drivers and there's no trace of them, I don't see you having any problems providing you physically install the new card correctly.

Back
Top Bottom