Whats best lniux distro. to use..

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
Whats best linux distro. to use.?.

hi, i really want to switch to linux but don't know what distro. to get.. I've been a windows user for about 6 years..and i need a good distro that would be easy to use.. can anyone recommend anything ?

I havent got much experience, but ive tried fodora core 5, ubuntu, and mandriva. Couldnt get mandriva to install properly. I had problems getting wireless connection working on them all. Apart from that they were fine. You can get some versions of linux that allow you to run the OS from ya CD without installing, i would suggest ya try that and see what distro ya like best before ya install properly

I recommend kubuntu. Also suse 10.1 was quite nice, though I only used it for a short perioid of time. Don't have much experience about other ones so I really can't say about them. But kubuntu has been great, highly recommended.

Kubuntu or openSUSE. Can't go wrong with those. Both are very user-friendly and overall easy to use. But, they are still very configurable and what not so later on, you won't find any restrictions. :D Have fun with Linux!!! If you decide to go openSUSE 10.1, PM me if you need any help. I have been using that distro for quite a while now.

Back
Top Bottom