What is SSD Caching and "Intel Smart Response" ?

Merish

Solid State Member
I notice that the z68 I could have purchased for 50 dollars more offers things such as SSD caching, on cpu video & "Intel Smart Response". I purchased a P67 mobo (Canada Computers | Motherboards | Asus SABERTOOTH P67 (Rev. 3.0) Socket 1155 Intel P67 Chipset Dual Channel DDR3 1800/1866/1600/1333/1066MHz 2x PCI Express 2.0 x16 3x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots 8-Channel HD Audio Dual GigaLAN 2x SATA 6Gb/s+4x SATA 3Gb/) for my first build but after doing some reading (I know.. I should have done the reading first.. but Sabertooth just sounds so awesome :cool:) am beginning to think I could get a bit more on the z68. What are these features? Are they just fancy acronyms for a true enthusiast?

z68 is a better chipset overall, and the Smart Response is more or less a way for people to not feel bad because they could only afford a 20GB SSD. You're better off in the long haul getting as much SSD as you can afford, and just not worry about it in general.
The p67 is a fine chipset, and your motherboard is a good investment. z68 is just a little bit newer, and yes, benchmarks a little faster, but the margin isn't enough for you to throw everything out and switch. The nice thing is, when you're ready to upgrade again, everything that was in z68, should be in the next generation as a default anyway.

Back
Top Bottom