what should i use to get the dust out of the computer?

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
im having dust problems with my computer, and every 3 months i have to dust it out or the temp goes up.

the other day, my dad got a huge vaccum blower machine and i tried to use it and it blew the crap outta my computer.

i just turned on the vaccum and all the dust just spurt out into my room, there was a dust bowl after that. :) i was wondering what i could use so it can be more efficient, because i don't feel like hauling that thing in from the garage everyday.

thanks

LMAOOOOOO!!

Well that picture gave me a good laugh, thank you for that. As for the dust issue, all you gotta due is get a paper towel or maybe even a napkin or tissue if you want something softer and more gentle and simply whipe/pick up the dust. If there is some dust you can't get to then I heard a hand vac is good for those hard to get places, but I've never tried it so I dunno.

You get those can's of Compressed Air, and bring your computer outside on a fairly windy day and just blow out all the dust and let the wind carry it away.

using the compressed air is easier and better than a vacum becuase it get all the dust out even in the smallest places

what parts are the most important to clean, cuz i dont know why, but the temp keeps rising after a couple of months of not cleaning.

here's the most recetn pic i have of mine, i just don't get what's wrong with my computer. i have a thermaltake fan which controls its rpm, and when my cpu is at 50-53, it gets so loud its unbearable, so im thinking its the dust

50 degrees is normal for a prescott..or so i've been told. dont worry about that temp, and yes the air in a can is probably your best bet

Wow, I didn't even think of the air can. Yeah actually the compressed air is the best thing you could use. Especially with the straw it comes with you can reach pretty much everything.

yeah, i just vacuumed my computer and the cpu temp went from 51 to 48, mobo from 35 to 33 and psu from 33 to 31. :)

Back
Top Bottom