What RAM?

Wiredchild

In Runtime
Hey, i'm sure you all get this so so much but i just have no idea. I'm getting a gig of RAM for Chrimbo from my aunt and she's got no idea, and, nor to i really. I just need to know exactly what to order.

I play games like HL2, Doom3, BF2, CS, etc etc...I also do some video editing, CAD work and run quite a few applications at once, as well as two screens.

My exact hardware is:
Asus A8N-E Motherboard
Athlon 64 3500+
Gainward 6600GT

It'll run all that dual channel malarky, whatever that is?

I just need to know what RAM is best for me a gig, can't really cost more than £100'd be handy.

Thanks

Dual channel is good, yes. I suppose you could get value RAM, but overclocking will be sporadic; you may get a good pair of sticks, or you may get horrible ones that won't overclock a bit.

In reality, value RAM doesn't perform that much worse than high quality RAM; the difference is that you can overclock.

You might want to get 2GB of RAM, but thatll run you more than 100 pounds. CAD takes up quite a bit of memory. If you are running dual screens, itll take up even more RAM. I would invest in a nice pair of 1GB sticks.

ownage said:
You might want to get 2GB of RAM, but thatll run you more than 100 pounds. CAD takes up quite a bit of memory. If you are running dual screens, itll take up even more RAM. I would invest in a nice pair of 1GB sticks.

Well, dual screens not really. Unless you doing massive stuff, like gaming on one screen and other stuff on the other, you can easily use 1g of ram for dual screens....

Back
Top Bottom