What Processor??? HELP PLS

jibber

In Runtime
Hey everyone,
I know you have most likely had this type of query before, though i am upgrading my computer at the end of this week and i want to know what you all think about the AMD Athlon 3200+

I just want to get a great CPU without paying a furtune!!! and I have no idea of what to get!!! I am using the system for abit of gaming(not a huge deal) and alot of genral stuff such as music movies ect.

PLS Help.... :confused:

the athlon 3200 is a lot better for gaming rather than an intel. an athlon 64 3200's clock speed is 2.0 GHz. although it's equivalent to an intel pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz. Intel's are a little better for media and stuff like that, but I would go with the 3200. it will suit you fine. what are the rest of your specs?

well atm i am just going 512mb ram (will upgrade to 1gig) and asus motherboard ??? (dont know exactly what type) with onboard graphics card, this is only till i get abit more money then i will get a sweet graphics card and upgrade memory more, so yeah

calm down...

The Only Person I Have To Thank Is Joepic For The Great Advice He Gave Me, Thanks Joepic.

You All Impress Me, Thanks For All The Advice And Help Guys.....

wow man calm down, anyway i just saw this if you havn't got a good graphics card then you will have to wait a lil bit until you buy that because onboard graphics rn't that good, believe me they are real **[edited]** i used them and crahs...20mins later crash....20mins laster crash so on so forth.

I don't get you Acottenham. You say Joepic helped you. All well and good, but complain that no one helped you, when hes the only one who replied before you kicked off on one.

I'm sorry that you sometimes don't get the response your looking for on every post you type, but people here do try to help.
Plus, would you please edit posts, instead of posting another below please? I don't have respect for people that are like your being I'm afraid.

If you are going to be a part of this forum, you'll have to act like a part.

Anyway, the 3200+ is good. I have a 3500+ and it hasn't put me wrong. I do less gaming though, and more editing, but my brother games, and he paid for it, so I had to choose accordingly.

As for the onboard chip, its no good, and won't play much if any new games what so ever until you can upgrade. That said though, if your not going to game much, go for a Pentium 4, though they run hot.

acottenham said:
Why Is It That You All Ignored My Qeuston And Go On Talking About Other ****!!! Now I Really Know Who Not To Come To When I Have To Get Good Advice, And To Think I Belived And Respected What You People Said (even Though It All Could Be Bull****!) The Only Person I Have To Thank Is Joepic For The Great Advice He Gave Me, Thanks Joepic.

Edited for bad language, I can't make you out, young man, you flame againt others then still say you all impress me etc, whats going on, tread carefully, I'll keep my eye on you, this post was reported, DON'T let me see another one! :mad:

atholon 3200+

it's a processor, it does a job...
it does it well, and to all accounts reliably. perhaps if you had asked a proper question.
ilke what mainboard processor is best..
but saying I have this board, and am gettnig this processor, well sounds like you already made your mind up...

as joepic said, athlons give you more bang per buck... the 3200+ is a chip that is based on the speeds of a 3.2GHz pentium, (the whole athlon xxx+ range does this)...

want better advice? ask a question that people can respond to.
perhaps people talked about 'other shit' because you question wasn't something the felt they could answer fully, perhaps they didn't understand what you wanted.

perhaps if you had actualy asked a question people would have responded...

anyway...
toms hardware guide is prety much the ardware bible...
so check out this link...
http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/06/23/bidding_adieu/

acottenham said:
Why Is It That You All Ignored My Qeuston And Go On Talking About Other Shit!!! Now I Really Know Who Not To Come To When I Have To Get Good Advice, And To Think I Belived And Respected What You People Said (even Though It All Could Be Bullshit!) The Only Person I Have To Thank Is Joepic For The Great Advice He Gave Me, Thanks Joepic.

Dude, what in the world are you talking about? Flame us then award us? :confused:

Anywho...since I pity you I guess I'll make a recommendation.

I recommend the AMD Athlon 3500+, rather then the 3200+. You'll get a faster processor, but not for to much more. If you want an Athlon, get the 3500+. or if you want a better version of the Athlon, get the Opteron 144 Venus. You won't be disappointed.

Hey

I'm also thinkin of building a new comp, i dunno whether to go with a 3700+ which is 145 pounds or spend 50 more and get AMD X2 3700+?? what do ya think would be the best option.

I reckon the dual core

Back
Top Bottom