What motherboard does a Dell Inspiron 620 desktop have?

Jake22

Baseband Member
Does anyone know what motherboard a Dell Inspiron 620 has? I'm trying to see if I can upgrade my processor to play my videogames better. I know my computer has an i5-2310 processor, but what motherboard do I have? What would be the best cpu upgrade? Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I googled a bit, and couldn't find any info. Your i5 should be plenty powerful for mid-level gaming though. What video card do you have? That tends to be what restricts gaming performance.

I have Intel HD Graphics 2000 (1.7 GB) and it treats my games like crap! I hope to upgrade to a gtx 560ti or better.

A GTX 560 shouldn't be bottlenecked by an i5. You'll be okay with your current CPU.

Make sure you upgrade your power supply while you're at it. The Dell one is certain to be garbage, and it'll probably explode if you try running a 560 Ti off of it. I'd recommend a quality 500w or higher. Good brands are Antec, seasonic, cooler master, PC power & cooling, OCZ, and corsair. Don't go with any other brand.

I note Dell Inspiron 620 and other Dell desktops with option 6GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory have them in two slots uneven (1X4GB/1X2GB). This is bizarre configuration. Single channel only ?

Back
Top Bottom