What is Intel Viiv?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Hi everyone. What exactly is Intel Viiv? I keep checking out Intel's site and they refer to Viiv as a technology. But what technology? Is it a chipset? Advance software encoded into the newer CPUs? I know what it does, like it allows you to turn your computer into a complete home theater/multimedia system.

Ahhh, Wikipedia. What don't they have? That explained it a lot better. Thanks. This reminds me of the stupid term Intel gave their new mobile CPU's--The Intel Centrino Technology.

It's just hardware/software, and drivers that enhances the PC to watch movies, watch TV programs, play games online, listen to music and the usual stuff. BUt they make it sound so new. Oooooo, the Viiv is coming :rolleyes:

I can do that now without Viiv...once again, another :rolleyes:

Yep thats basically it.... just a stupid platform basically.According to Intel Viiv consists of a dual core processor (Core Duo or Pentium D), an Intel 9xx chipset, a Pro/100 Ethernet connection and Windows Xp Media Center Edition.

I keep thinking that they're integrated into the CPUs and chipsets along with driver support too because of the special coding used to play certain medias.

Haha, LOL. AMD has the answer to Intel Viiv called AMD Live!

So funny...I think the Viiv is the special encoding the processor does for HD contents and 7.1 surround sound to sum it up.

Back
Top Bottom