what exactly is the cpu v for?

trance565

Daemon Poster
ok, ive gone to over clockers forums and what not, and some ppl run my cpu with the same mobo at 2.5 ghz with 1.5 cpu voltage, or teh regular voltage, or 1.55, 1.45 etc, what exactly does the voltage effect!?!?!?

ya, but ive gotten to like 2.65 with 1.5 while some ppl are all up to like 1.6 or higher with 2.7 ghz clock, i havent figered out y they so high, cuz im stable, and at lower temps than other ppl, that are running my same clock with higher voltage, which is 2.5 @ 1.475 v rite now, ppl run at 1.55 v cant figer out y they do it tho

ive been reading lost of tutorials and reviews and it seems that at the stock voltage they hit a wall around 2.58ghz then need to bump up the v core to go any higher, as they do say though all processors are different, i think you may have just got a good one. i know i did'nt

When u increase ur voltage u'll get higher temps, that why people like the mobile processors coz they already run cool coz of their lower voltages!!

Great overclock there Trance565 :D
That's what I'll be wanting to achieve!

What did you chance the multipliers, fsb to to get it stable at that with your hardware? :)

*KaGe*

250 mhz fsb
10x multi
4x htt
1.475v
+3.3%
das with the msi k8neo2 mobo tho so i dunno about the abit bios, tho some reviews say they arent that great

Back
Top Bottom