What do you think of this build?

Labyrus

Solid State Member
Will this last me awhile? At least before the software makers out there start taking advantage of Quad Core and 4GB of RAM? I'm hoping this laptop will fly on XP.

1 Vostro 1500, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.2GHz, 800Mhz FSB, 4M L2 Cache

1 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD display with TrueLife for Vostro 1500

1 2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 DIMM

1 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

1 160GB Free Fall Sensor Hard Drive, 7200RPM, for Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook

1 Genuine Windows XP Home Edition, SP2

1 Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem, for Inspiron

1 8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+R write capability, w Roxio Creator

1 Integrated High Definition Audio 2.0

1 Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card

1 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for Vostro 1500

1 Factory Enable 40GB Primary Partition, Remainder Secondaryfor Latitude, OptiPlex Precision

Are you building this laptop yourself?? Or from a manufacturer?? What is the final price when you are done??:D

I would wait a little bit for further this year... if you are not totally informed most of the new nvidia mobile chips are coming out, 9 series and stuff for desktops (which means newer chips for laptops, supposedly) and also the 45nm penryn chips are going mobile soon, if you need the laptop sounds good, but if you can wait a little while (probably 2-3 months) then I would to get your money out of it.

personally, no offense to you, I do not know what situations have come up for you, but I will never buy another Dell again in my life. Before you go buy one, check around a bit :)...I know I recently checked out a sony vaio custom build with around the same specs, and it might've come out to about the same price, and I'd take anything over a Dell, again personal experience there.

Check newegg.com and see if you can find a similar notebook with around the same specs for a cheaper price as well..that happens often...also, if you know how to do it, you can save yourself a quick buck by getting the least amount of ram and then upgrading yourself to 2gb!!!

Other than that, SPECS look good IMO, just not Dell..blah..icky!

ha ha ...so there's my brand-biased reply! haha

i love dell i owned alot of pc's from them and none were bad...i own a xps 700 right now and it runs great.

to build a low end laptop it can cost you more then buying from dell or another manufacturer.

i have a sony via laptop see sig and it runs games good current games!!if i was looking to get a laptop i would probably go with there xps line!

Looks like a decent build. I'm considering getting the new Macbook Air since I can really use an ultraportable, but for the price, I'm not too happy with the features.

Case in point, my school offers Dell and Sony laptops, too. We've got killer deals for both companies and they look great IMO, too. Sony's 14.1 and 13.3" models are very sexy and sleek, but Dell's new XPS M1330 ( I think ) really caught my eye.

Its 13.3in, fully loaded, looks incredibly sexy for a Dell (hah,) and is perfectly priced at $1299 after my school discount.

what's everyones take on Asus Eee Pc??..in fact, I may start a thread comparing that to the new Air...even though they are quite different..i kinda wanna know which people would prefer...

Back
Top Bottom