What do you think???

golf_addict73

In Runtime
well i'm building a system...I need it to last at least 3 years and i have picked out some good parts and still kept it under my budget of $650....I don;t game much so i only needed a simple video card for everyday stuff...I already bought the case and psu...so everything else is in the $650 price range
Case-thermaltake Soprano Black w/ side panel
PSU-thermaltake silent purepower 480w
CPU-AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Mobo-ABIT AN8-ULTRA Socket 939
Hard drive-Hitachi Deskstar 80GB 3.0GB/s sata
RAM-Patriot signature series 1GB (2x512)
CD drive-Sony black IDE DVD-ROM drive
Video card-eVGA Geforce 6200TC PCI express x16

Let me know what you think...i most likely will be overclocking but my case has good enough cooling for now...If you recommend something else it has to eother be that price or lower....and input is cool

The price difference between a DVD-ROM and a DVD burner is pretty small these days, you should seriously consider getting a burner instead?

Looks good if you don't do too much on your PC
Consider getting a burner like he said so you can back up files and stuffs

i am getting a burner....i don't really do much..mostly school work and internet stuff...i think its a great computer for my price range

i have an AMD 3400+ cpu and it has been great so you should be set with the 3800 for a few years. Depending on how much you plan on doing I would look at a bigger harddrive or like the others said, at least a cd burner to take files off the hard drive.

well....this is the X2...the dual core...so it runs pretty much at the speed of 2 3800+....I just love that...i also heard that patriot is a great oc ram and my motherboard is also great...i am getting the burner now so i think it should last me a while....and if i need to i'll buy another hard drive and put them in raid 0

Back
Top Bottom