What could be wrong with my laptop?

UK31337

Fully Optimized
Argh... my laptop broke down!

Last night, I was watching a YouTube vid. The machine freezes, the sound gets stuck in a stuttery loop and the display scrambled. Held down the power button to turn it off, and turned it back on.

Screen was blank even though the OS was loading fine in the background (I could see the HDD activity light going). Turned it off, gave it 5 mins and the screen came on again but was scrambled like it had interference (this is on my boot loader screen before any OS starts). Turned it off again, 5 more minutes gave it back to normal again.

It ran fine until I went to bed. Turned it on this morning, fans power up and screen lights up (the backlight comes on) but there's nothing on the screen, and no HDD activity. It just hangs with the screen turned on.

My guess is something on the motherboard's died, possibly the GPU but I'm kinda stuck as to where to start.

Any ideas?

Possibly the inverter, if it is that then it will have to go back to manufacturer, they arent cheap.

To me, that looks like the GPU failed, and failed completely upon powering up. It could be also a corrupted BIOS, but the GPU seems more fit. I'd return it, if it's under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom