What Could Be The Problem

altimator2001

Baseband Member
I got a Dell Dimension desktop e310 the only way I can get on the desktop is to at start up hit f12 and select the boot from On Board SATA Hard Drive. I tried a restore but when I click on a earlier date and try and click next it does not do anything and if I log on regulary it just sits there and loads for hours and I can also not do a restore from there. I had it booted into safe mode but am unable to do so agian for some reason. Any Help would be great thanks a MILLION....

Thanks Imanuel4u, great advice.

The problem is with your BIOS. Hit DEL (delete) or F2 to enter setup mode, and scroll down to "drive configuration", choose "Sata primary drive" and turn it on (it's off by default). Save the changes and that message will go away.

Thanks for the replies. Just so we are on the same page I turn on my pc let it load sign onto my desktop as I would regulary do and bam nothing happens it loads and loads and loads some more I cannot click on anything as the cursor is an hour glass. Now when I turn on my pc and hit f12 and select run from sata hard drive bam signs me right on and I can use my desktop like there is nothing wrong. I am at work right now and will try the following replied steps and repost my results again thanks a MILLION

If its still booting even if he doesnt do the F12 thing but it freezes,i would say that windows diesnt have the correct SATA Drivers?

Can you boot into safe mode and see if it does the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom