What Cord do u get to Connect Ur Computer to ur TV?

T-Doit

In Runtime
Im getting a simple GeForce 5500 Graphics Card for my comp (Just to improve it temporarily) and I was wondering what cord do I need to connect it to TV, My TV is from like the Prehistoric Age so I need an older cable.

saying its from the prehistoric age doesn't help us, i can only presume its coax, so you need an 's-video to phono' adapter, and then plug a coax onto the phono plug. (i think) Theres plenty of s-video adapters on ebay.

It has those kind of Screw in Jacks for Cable and stuff and Video In, Audio L, Audio R, etc etc.

This is why seti makes the big bucks...

That card has s-video out on it. S-video only carries the picture portition of the signal. To convert it to rca phono plug you need a real simple adaptor. Check with your local Hi-Fi Buys type of store or a good computer store. Should run about $5.00USD. I have to buy several of them at a time as I keep losing them to the cats. lol
Plug the adaptor into the card and use a standard patch cord from there to the tv. RCA plugs on both ends.
Now remember this only gets the picture to the tv. For the sound you need a patch cord with a 3.5mm stereo plug on one end and split off to 2 rca phono plugs on the other end. Plug the 3.5 into the output of your sound card and the rca plugs to the left/right inputs on the tv.
Set the line out volume on the sound card to about midway to keep from over driving the tv's sound.
Something to keep in mind, the longer the patch cords the more noise that creeps in the line. Get good patch cords to start with and keep them as short as you can. Monster makes a great set of patch cords as a kit but they are pricey.
ENJOY...

well if its that old u wont be able to read anything at all on the screen unless u have a tiny res w/ huge words. thrust me i kno my pcs hooked up to a preety new tv for now. y dont u just use a monitor?

The Screens pretty big, Its not like THAT OLD lol, Its only from 1995, Im sorry, Not from when the Dinosaurs lived!

T-Doit said:
Its only from 1995, Im sorry, Not from when the Dinosaurs lived!

In computer years, that's prehistoric. With the way technology is advancing in the computer industry, I'm surprised to see anything from the mid 90's still around. I may be exaggerating a bit, but that's how it is. You can just imagine if dual core CPUs become the new standard one of these days. Everyone one of us now will have obsolete systems, lol.

Back
Top Bottom