What?

Corrupted1

In Runtime
Hey guys. Few months ago, about late August, I decided to download the FireFox browser. I heard a lot of praise coming from the people who have FF and I decided to give it a try. Everything went perfect. That is until my friend gave me a Windows XP OEM CD (I wanted to wipe my HDD for reasons that I can't explain). So I popped in the CD and it went well. Than my PC froze. So I pushed the power button and reset the machine. I took out the CD and stored it somewhere. When I went online and opened up my FF browser it noticably LAGGED in performance. Before I put the CD in, it was (in my opinion) pretty fast! After it slowed to nothing but a crawl! It says that the operation TIMED OUT (weird). So what happend?

I may be a bit vague so please SPEAK UP. I have ( dialUp ) and run for my orignal browser AOL 9.0. I run FireFox Beta 2.

PS: Dont say "Forget AOL, it sucks." That seems to be out of the question for now. Same goes to "Why Dialup? Get broadband" It's a BIT farfecthed right now.

And Thanks. I appreciate ALL the help. :D

hmmm, try reinstalling firefox, and dont get the beta, go for an establishd version, it might have been that something got messed up in the program when the windows install failed
and btw
forget aol
get broadband
;)

why can't you explain why you want to wipe out your hard drive? we're all friends here.....
Also, if your friend gave you a windows xp oem cd which was installed on another computer,,,it's illegal to use it on another one.

Back
Top Bottom