Western Digital Software

Robin1

Solid State Member
I just installed a WD600BB 60 gig hdd, divided into two 30 gig partitions. My C: drive is a Quantum Fireball 30 gig.
The software I have for the WD has a drive-to-drive copy program.This is my question, if I copy my C: drive to the D: partition of the new hdd, will it be bootable as C: if I remove my current C: hdd and make the 60gig slave the master?

Any help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robin

yes, you need to go ahead and switch the drives around so that the new drive is master. Then put in the floppy and reboot. The floppy will then access you system in dos and copy everything into the new "C" partition.
You can also use the transfer program to split your files from "C" to "D" or what ever your slave partition is designated but.........you may actually lose the links from the program that runs the files to the files.Some times it will work great on splitting them up...sometimes not so great.
*****note****
May I suggest that you not transfer your OS but use a fresh install... Just back up the files and folders you would like to keep and then format the new drive "C" and install your OS then your hardware drivers and fresh install your programs then use drag and drop to reinstall your files and folders.

Yeah, it would be a lot smoother if you formatted and started fresh like lurk said. It should work without a problem, though.

I love Datalifeguard...
This little program can copy under windows
(not dos) all the contents of your c: hard drive
and make the Western Digital your primary
drive...

Thank you for your replys, I'm going to format the new drive and do a fresh install. It does seem like the best idea. Going to partition the new drive and make a copy of the C: just as a backup.

Your knowledge is invaluable, thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom