Weirdest problem ever...

mpf567

Beta member
I have a user with a windows XP machine. For the last month or so she has been having a problem we cannot figure out. Intermittently, probably twice a week it seems as if the ALT key is getting stuck on. She will be in the middle of working and what usually makes her notice the problem is when she hits the C key every window on her screen starts to resize. I found you can replicate this normally by pressing alt+C.

We have replaced the keyboard completely and the issue keeps happening. If it does have something to do with the Alt key being stuck on somehow, I find it odd that she only notices the issue when she hits the C key and it makes the windows all resize but doesn't ever report any other Alt+commands happening. Yet, the Alt key getting stuck is the only thing I can think of at this point.

A simple reboot causes the bug to go away and the C key to stop resizing windows every time she hits it, but it just seems to happen again a few days later.

I have google searched for anything like this for awhile now and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Have you tried running an anti-malware program like malwarebytes? Anti-virus? With symptoms like that I would start there...

OMG, that happened to me years ago! I believe I discovered it was malware, as someone has suggested. Gawd, that was so frustrating. >.<

Back
Top Bottom