Weird Screen Problems...

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I've recently been having some problems with my screen image. It's not the monitor, but my computer. I'll just be working on something, listening to music, etcetera, minding my own business, when, randomly, the screen will stretch out twice as wide as it should. Here's the weird part. When I try to move the picture back using the monitor buttons, it doesn't detect the other half of the screen! When I move it over, it's just blackness! Also, the mouse still works normally. When I hover my mouse over the start button, and click, the start menu doesn't open up. But if I move the mouse as far as I can to the very bottom-left of the screen, it will open it up. The same thing happens for everything like this. If I try to click on a taskbar tab (minimized program) I have to move my pointer over about 1-2 inches to the left for it to detect the click... Sorry, this is pretty hard to explain.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with dual monitors... The screen is always cut straight down the middle, and this has happened at least 10 times. I'm very confused.

One more thing. It always seems to do this if I try to perform the same tasks. If I open up Windows Media Player for a video file, a lot of times it will do this. If I restart after the first time, then sometimes it will boot up fine, but when I try to watch the same video again it does the same thing. This happens with a few programs... I can't remember exactly which ones. Sometimes it doesn't happen! If I wait for 30 minutes and try it again, sometimes it won't happen and sometimes it will. It could be just a coincidence, but I don't think it is.

Anyways, I hope somebody else has had this problems or knows what's going on here. Thanks!

-Jamxx

have you tryed a differnt monitor or reinstall the graphics drivers?? it is very strange....

Back
Top Bottom