Weird resolution on new build.. 2261x1272 ??

reardoma

Solid State Member
hi i'm hoping this might be a quick fix but i admit it's a new one to me....

just finished a build and installed the gtx 970 drivers via the dvd and then updated everything, and the resolution looks terrible (should be 2560x1440), so i decided to "test" it and get this.....
4ep4uaj8h
Capture.jpg

(a result saying i'm running 2261x1272 which explains why the sizing of everything is off but windows and msi control say 2560x1440!)...

any ideas why this might be? I've tried rolling back/uninstalling the GPU driver with no luck...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here's my build:

intel i5-4690k cpu
500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd
16gb ddr3 1600 gskills ram
Asus Z97-Plus Mini ITX mb
MSI GTX 970 4gb
Antec 620w Modular psu
IN WIN 901 mini-itx case
(screenshot should be included)

Now that's an odd resolution. You should trust windows and your control panel over an online test.
So you are properly running at the native QHD. What is it that looks "off" to you? Is it that everything is smaller than what you are used to?
That would be the case if you are upgrading from a lower res monitor.

It looked a little small to me as well when i bought my ISP 1440p monitor.
Go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and change the scaling to something larger.
I use 125%.

Now that's an odd resolution. You should trust windows and your control panel over an online test.
So you are properly running at the native QHD. What is it that looks "off" to you? Is it that everything is smaller than what you are used to?
That would be the case if you are upgrading from a lower res monitor.

It looked a little small to me as well when i bought my ISP 1440p monitor.
Go to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and change the scaling to something larger.
I use 125%.

I'm 100% sure it's not correct, particularly b.c i have multiple desktops/laptops i can hookup to the same monitor to test... it's clear the resolution is higher than 1080p but slightly less than 1440p,

It seems to be conflict between the chipset video drivers and the Nvidia drivers that come with GPU DVD (mine is the MSI dvd as it is a MSI GTX 970)

Thinking of doing a wipe and reinstalling everything in proper order (thought i did this the first time)

but no, it's not that i'm perceiving things incorrectly i have tested and verified before posting.

The other is a samsung monitor i was simply using to test with a max resolution of 1080p which it can do fine and all display properties/tests confirm the same. I can run it at 1080p and get the same resolution displayed during tests as is shown in resolution settings. I am not keeping it hooked up in the future was just it to *test* the online test...

I have also uninstalled the GPU and wiped the computer to do a full install tomorrow without the GPU installed and will make sure to load the chipset and update all drivers before even re-attaching the GPU and then working on installing its drivers...

will update more once i've completed the restore, thank you for your responses and help.

Back
Top Bottom