weird lag

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello,

I just build a new computer and im having a problem. when ever i play any game i get random drops of fps to like 5 for about 5 seconds then i goes back to normal. I reapplied the arctic silver on my CPU aswell. would you know whats wrong?.

computer spec:
AMD x2 6000+
2GB Ram
ATi 1950 Crossfire
500Gb hard drive
430 Watt power supply
Asus M2N-MX SE plus motherboard

CS:S, TF2, Day of defeat. all steam games. haven't tried anything else

Alright. i played in offline and the same thing happened, but what i notice is it only happens when something new is done... what i mean by this is i 1st time i shot the shotgun i lag, the 1st time i hear something new in game i get the lag, after i shoot the shotgun a 2nd time i will not get the lag until i get a new gun to shot. i think it has something to do with the sound. different areas in the map will give me lag until i discover everything there

I use a logitech USB headset

Not its not the sounds, becuase i muted it and it still happens

You have an ASUS motherboard.

So make sure you switch of the AI features on the motherboard. Some of the features are ok but interfere with CPU intensive tasks.

Only thing I can think of is the low power of the PSU, If you can try replacing your current PSU with a higher watt, around 550w to 600w.

I have an ASUS Mother Board :D I also just built a computer (in my sig). I haveno problems like this though.... The only thing is in UT3 It freezes some times, but I haven't gotten my 4870x2 so hopefully when I get that it will eliminte the problem :D

Do u have all the latest drivers?

Sound drivers?
Vid Drivers.....etc

Double check

Back
Top Bottom