Web based FTP client

BrianS

In Runtime
I am looking for a web based FTP client that I can install on my server and run.
Basically, I have a hosting account with StartLogic. They allow FTP but I want to add in web based FTP so I can have people submit files to me without having to have an FTP client and give them all the server info.

I do not have access to the server so I cannot use a standard .exe or .msi to install it. I can however install stuff how WordPress or phpBB does it where you upload all the files then go to something like domain.com/application/setup or something like and configure it.

Anyone know of an application like this? Free would obviously be best but even if I had to pay or it, I could do that. I just want to keep it on my server and offer web based FTP service.

This would work but I am looking for something a little more than this. I was looking for the ability to have it not be open to the public as well as offering a file tree system that would allow the user (after signed in) to download files as well.

There are web-based FTP clients, yes. You could use one of those - (I think there is one called net2ftp...?). You would need to modify it a little, so that it would know which server to use automatically.

Back
Top Bottom