Warrenty help

AmishRebel

Baseband Member
Well after spending hours on the phone with Asus we determined that I received a defective mobo (even took it to comp usa and had them test it). So I pulled it out to package it up and send it back since they did tell me theyd replace it. Heres my issue, at one time for about a period of maybe 5 hours the computer did work and it worked great but the mobo was still acting funny and eventually died again....... well it took the processor with it (ahtlon 3500 winchester core). So I also need to get the processor replaced. The problem occured when I removed the processor one of the pins got a lil bent and I heard they wont honor their warrenty if pins are bent. Is this true and since I still have a 90 day warrenty from the place I bought it from will or should they replace it. I can't afford another processor and if they wont replace it I just wasted a good $800 on parts that become useless to me. Please help me this whole thing has turned into one huge mess.

Well, If the pin is bent, that wouldlet them know you must have touched it. And pretty much all warranties tell you if you touch it, then the warranty is void. And since it got messed up from you doing it, they may have the right to do that. All can say is save up, and get a new one. Sorry that happened to you. Sucks.

Ah, trueness. But, they may say something like, install at own risk. Or they may expect you to bring to to a computer service shop for them to do it, like a certified place. Ask them that.

Does it count if I work and installed all this at an electronic repair store. Actually a master technician of 30 years helped me do alot of the installation.

A warrenty is a warrenty. Re-dead your cpu warrenty and see wht it states and if you need clarification, call the cpu people up.

Back
Top Bottom