vista or xp

Comp_Pro

In Runtime
here are some things about windows vista that i have gatherd.

Windows vista, has cool new features and everything but many programs are not compatable if you brought anti-virus for xp it may not be compatable and you have to download lots of new drivers.

so you tell me, vote in the poll vista or xp?

Vista.

XP may have more programs and legacy applications, but once Microsoft starts streamlining and slimming down Vista (hopefully with Service Pack 1 which should be coming later this year) it'll get better.

However, considering what it is, Vista is very nice. I've had no problems using it and installing things on it. The experience has been far smoother and stable than XP. When programs need to be closed it actually helps you out instead of forcing the rest of the OS to go berserk along with it like seen in XP.

XP.

I prefer XP because i find that Vista tends to use up alot of resources, I only have a 40G hdd and need the Ultimate version, I have installed it 3 times now and played about with it but the most annoying thing i find is I cant use Norton INTERNET security 2005 which I love and also i cant turn off the built in image back up software so it eats my hdd capacity by half and of course it is incompatible with Norton ghost (although they are working on a version that is) ghost is a must for me personally.

Yeah, Vista does consume a bit of resources. HDD capacity isn't that big of an issue...80GB+ is probably minimum. RAM is the most important thing. The Aero Glass theme and the Windows Sidebar use up a bit of resources, so having 2GB of RAM is definitely recommended. It's not a must, as I'm using 1GB and Vista is fine, but sometimes I can feel my system need more RAM.

im going to say xp now.... but if this vista lite copy ive got hold of is any good then i may change my mind

I prefer vista. I think it's more stable and secure than XP. Also, I haven't found any compatibility issues so far so it's been great. The only way I'd use XP again is if I had a PC that doesn't meet the requirements of vista.

vista..

everything you hear about it having to use huge amounts of memory to do anything is utter rubbish, ive been running it on 512 for the last 2 months, with no issues whatsoever.. its alot better than xp, and i wouldnt switch back...

i just installed a copy of vlite on my sempron 3000 1.8ghz, 512mb ram, etc... and it does run well, but not like xp, it still has little ram spare and when i had home premium on it it wasnt that quick either. i thought this would win me over but it hasnt. i therefore wont be using vista full time yet till i get about 2gb ram and some other upgrades

This can go both ways since many are used to win Xp , but those that made the tranformation over to the next generation OS dis-like it only for the fact of some driver problems, but i know there are patches to clear that up.

I still like using Xp myself , it's still a good OS as long as you know how to tweak it properly and protect it with good hardware and software.

Back
Top Bottom