Vista Share Up

freestyler105

Golden Master
As of August, Vista is now the second most used OS behind XP. Slowly Vista is going to take over, I can see it becoming even more popular than XP. It's even beating the Mac OSs combined...

http://xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20070910081225.html
CFT0912_0459282CE96.png

That is still only a little share compared to XP , I think the one thing putting most people off is the resource intensiveness of it
Also it would be interesting to see how many people that was carried out on and their uses of their computer s, eg gamers or general office people

Yeah, this survey is just taken from the internet. So that's the % of people that they recorded as being on the internet with those OSs.

The thing is, all new PCs come with Vista by default. So as people buy new PCs, Vista's share is going to slowly take over XP's.

Well actualy that aint strictly true cos i dunno about the US but in the UK dell still let you configure some systems with XP , i have jst built this and when i get money for a GPU i might dual boot with vista for DX 10 but i havent fully decided yet

Yeah, I said by default, and pretty much all new PCs come with Vista by default. If you really want, you can order XP, but 95% of users will just leave it with Vista.

I've bascially fully migrated to Vista, and I love it. I like it better than XP.

Yeah, this survey is just taken from the internet. So that's the % of people that they recorded as being on the internet with those OSs.

The thing is, all new PCs come with Vista by default. So as people buy new PCs, Vista's share is going to slowly take over XP's.

but how many average users go to xbitlabs.com :D

It's not Xbitlabs. That's just an article about it by them. The data is collected by a company called Net Applications.

Back
Top Bottom