Vista restore on dell desktop not working

riles1374

Beta member
Hi,
I apologize if my question has been discussed before as I am not computer savvy. I have something nasty on my computer and have paid for PC Tools and some friends have tried to work on my computer with no help. I have a dell desktop that I am trying to restore to factory settings and have tried F8, CTRL f11, etc..... I have tried everything to reboot and cannot. I do not have the original disk and just want to start from scratch and get things going again. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure that your Dell has this restore option on the hard drive? Sometimes Dell's are equipped with a recovery feature, but not all the time. You would need the original Disks to get this resolved or find a Vista CD and see if your Key works with it. I have a copy of Vista Home Premium, i can send you a link to download if you want to try it. What model is your dell?

Thanks for the reply! I have restored it before, but this time it seems it will not let me restore. Not sure what kind I have, but the numbers I pulled off the computer are J6HKXD1
Bought around 1997. I have PC Tools spyware on it, but it seems when I run it that things get worse. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom