Vista install problems

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
Okay first off this is a legal copy, as I am a Microsoft Volume Licensing Partner and got Vista thru eOpen. Photo is proof of my ownership of Vista licenses.

On my most recent computer thats not currently overclocked (Q6600, 4GB RAM [checked for memtest errors], 8600GT, eVGA 680 SLI [122-CK-NF68-A1]), I cannot install vista. XP PRO is currently installed on the computer and I have no problems at all and it passes Prime 95, 3DMARK and Nvidia Stress test.

First off before I had volume licensing for Vista, I was using some torrented copies of Vista and had constant BSOD's, with some talking about disabling video bios shadowing which was disabled. They BSOD constantly, actually got it installed once and vista appeared to work fine. I shrugged this problem off because it was not an original disc.

Than, I upgraded my BIOS and got my 100% genuine vista media from microsoft. I tried installing Vista 64bit, however it constantly freezes at the second screen of install (The screen where it says Vista and their is supposed to be a bar moving across the screen)

Does any have any ideas?

That is weird indeed. Is this going on the same hard drive as the XP, different hard drive, or clean wipe of XP for vista?

I have a SATA hard drive for Vista in my computer. While installing Vista, i unplug all the other drives. 32 bit Install from the Microsoft legal vista disc seems to be working slightly better, so far.

I'm going to try another (rolleyes) copy of 64. Right now im thinking it could be something like my sound card, network card or video card possibly.

wait. Are you using the first computer in your sig?

Install on two gigs of RAM. You will need to get a patch for the four gigs to work. I've seen this come come up a lot on EVGA's forums.

wait. Are you using the first computer in your sig?

Install on two gigs of RAM. You will need to get a patch for the four gigs to work. I've seen this come come up a lot on EVGA's forums.

I was just about going to post the install almost finished (Didn't freeze), but I got an IRQL error. Boo.

Do you have a link to this patch ?

Erm, hold on a quick sec. Have you ran a Memtest86? Sounds like you've got either bad RAM, RAM conflict or bbad RAM bank.

Back
Top Bottom