Vista Ethernet Driver

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
I just installed a Windows Vista beta 2 on my rig and everything seemed to be going smoothly. However, it tells me that it cannot find a driver for my nForce4 SLI Networking Controller, which means I can't get on the internet. I tried to find a Vista x86 driver but have come up short. Asus (I have an A8N-SLI) is no help as they do not offer Vista drivers at all. Anyone know where I can get a driver for this networking controller so I can get online here?

have you tried putting the CD that came with your MOBO in the machine and Launching the NIC driver installation?

Have you tried to force it to install that driver?

go to device manager, find the NIC (probally has an exclamation point by it)
right click on it
update driver
browse to the CD
find the location of the NIC driver
Click update

Best thing in this case is (assuming it's the onborad LAN) going to the nvidia website and get the latest drivers for that chipset.

hey theres a lot of thinks vista isnt compatible, where my uncle works they use compaq computers and vista isnt even compatible with the motherboard bios

edit thats the beta version

you shouldn't be using a beta version as your main os, that's rule of thumb, you should've just tried it on another partition...

kchi55 said:
you shouldn't be using a beta version as your main os, that's rule of thumb, you should've just tried it on another partition...

Or a virtualPC setup

Back
Top Bottom