Vista Driver checklist help?

Hey so I got my copy of Vista Home Premium 64bit today. I plan on downloading the drivers friday but just want to make sure i've got everything.

Video card drivers
Motherboard Drivers
Soundcard Drivers
Keyboard/Mouse Drivers
Modem?

Do I need to download something for my CPU for the 64bit or is it already in there?

In this I've got a BCM V.90 56k Modem. I've been searching but can't seem to find a Vista driver. I've run the vista advisor and has the following. Realtek WIreless802.11g Network card says to go download first. I'm not worried about this I don't currently use it anyways. Can't find info on Nvidia nForce Network controller or my X-Fi audio. That would be covered in the soundcard/motherboard drivers right. Its saying no issues were detected with my modem. But it says under action if you disable automatic updates go to windows update to get current drivers. Well does that mean my driver won't reconize it or just to get the newest version but it will still work. Everything else was fine.

Sorry if I sound dumb asking that but I'm a bit new to driver updating just want to make sure i've got it taken care of. Thanks

i thought i read somewhere (maybe my manual) that vista had the 680 chipset drivers on it. If i can find that, i'll let you know for sure. Not sure what your saying when it comes to the modem drivers, but it should work. Vista (in my experiance) is very good at picking up dial-up modems.

Well ATI and Nvdia haven't perfected their Vista video card drivers. You'll find 50% better performance on XP. Your still gonna need your driver for the video card to work obviously though.

Alright thanks. Well under my modem in the comments it says something like if you diasable automatic updates when installing please go to windows update to download driver updates. But I figured if there are driver updates how would I dial in to get them? I'm only a little worried because my buddy had got the RTM version a while back but had to uninstall it because it didn't pick up his modem.

I'm not downloading ATI's Driver. I'm downloading HISdigitals version. Not sure if its different or not but it says to download there driver versions i'm guessing because its overclocked from the factory.

Download the vista upgrade advisor and run that on your computer, it will tell you where your gonna have problems. You might need a printer driver aswell.

Back
Top Bottom