Vista doesnt like iTunes

4thgenlude

Baseband Member
I just recently installed Vista ultimate on my laptop. Its an HP Pavilion ZV6000, AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.20GHz, it had 1 GB RAM, then I added another .5 GB RAM.

And now iTunes cant even play a song without skipping!! My Ram usage is at around 40-45%, and CPU usage is less than 30%.

Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time it skips alot.

I can play movies just fine, and computer games work fine too. Everything else is dandy except for iTunes.

Any ideas??

thanks alot folks!!

-Charlie

I've got vista and I don't have any problems with itunes. Your specs all seem fine so it shouldn't be skipping. I'd try checking for updates, go to apple.com and download itunes and reinstall it and see if that does anything. Also you could try going to the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and killing any tasks that take up too much RAM.

Was it ok before you added the extra RAM? Have you got the latest version of Itunes?

Are you running 64bit vista? Itunes does have problems with 64-bit Windows operating systems. According tho the Itunes site, it could be anything from burrning issues to the program not installing.

32 bit Vista home premium here and I've been running iTunes for 3 months with zero issues.

If you are running 32-bit I would try reinstalling or upgrading iTunes.........

try setting itunes to high priority
vista uses a lot of power so u may want to get more ram
if all else fails
dl media monkey
its just like itunes with ipod support
(pm if u want to full version )

welcome to the CF! Update iTunes and it should be fine

Thanks!!

i have the latest iTunes, and just reinstalled it. Also im running the 32-bit Vista Ultimate. When I open up the task manager it says System Idle Process is taking using between 60-80 % of the CPU, so I should have plenty of that left.

Heres the kicker though, i tried playing a song on WMP and it does the same thing, movies and computer games are all fine though.

It started right after i installed Vista, and then i went an bought some more RAM, hoping that would fix it but to no avail.

Maybe my computer just got tired of my music?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom