Vista Causing programs to run slower?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok so I'm having this annoying problem when i Use programs like photoshop, dreamweaver, flash all that stuff. When I move things around or change the layers around in my project they move really really slow. Like its not loading them fast enough.

I've only noticed this problem since I installed vista. I have 2gigs of ram so i shouldn't be experiancing this problem. I also have the raptor 150g HDD

any ideas?

Would defraging fix this problem?

Defragging helps a lot of stuff but probably not for this. What gfx card do u have? And when it runs slow, open up the task manager and see ur ram and processor useage, make sure theyre not at 100%. Sometimes viruses can do this, but with Vista its most prob a graphics card driver problem.

K so Nvidia, have u installed the latest Vista drivers? this might help. What im about to say next is a contradiction on that last statement ;)

IF u have installed the latest drivers, try going back to the ones before them , when i installed the latest ones my performance dropped dramatically, However some people have had opposite reactions, so hence the contradiction lol, if u havent installed the latest Nvidia drivers, try them ;)

Wow hope that made sense lol.

Also the drivers suck, and they will do for a little while yet until Nvidia pull their fingers out. So i guess u will have to put up with it, the 6800 shud be able to handle Vista fine.

yea, i know what your saying. I have friends that have the 8800's and vista and they had to install the drivers that came with the card.

I'm not sure what driver to install at nvida.com

and how do you remove current drivers to install the old one?

Thansk

In XP u wud use a program called Driver cleaner pro, but i dont think it works with vista, i guess u shud just click on the driver and press uninstall. What drivers do u currently jhave installed on ur pc? i can try and find a link then to the newer or older ones etc that might help :)

Erm not sure on Vista ;) it'll be in the control panel under system devices i think, under graphic adapters, its possible that if u havent installed any drivers at all for ur card with vista, thats why it slow.

Back
Top Bottom