Virus bs..

m0s3f

Baseband Member
Ok so i got rid of this crss.exe virus right, pretty bad one, killed it with avg. Now everytime i start up the pc it comes up with 4 windows, one after another (error windows). They say "error opening file crss.exe, if u would like to find this file search...yaddy ya" that x4, now i know i deleted it and i know the computer wants to run the exe. but how do i make it so the comp doesnt want to run the exe.?

Go to Start > Run, type 'msconfig' into the dialog box and press Enter. Then go to the last tab, and find the entry which loads 'crss.exe' and untick it.

I hope you haven't got it mixed up with csrss.exe, which is a critical Windows process.

Oh FUCK!!! I DID HAVE IT MIXED UP, OMG I MUST BE DISLEXIC....Goddam me...i could have sworn on my life that it said crss not csrss :(. Ok how do i fix this, theres still one csrss exe running, it show sit it processes (ctrl alt delete). What do i do man? A virus must have infected it and i misread the file name noooo! No wonder my comp had been fucking up lately.

m0s3f said:
Oh FUCK!!! I DID HAVE IT MIXED UP, OMG I MUST BE DISLEXIC....Goddam me...i could have sworn on my life that it said crss not csrss :(. Ok how do i fix this, theres still one csrss exe running, it show sit it processes (ctrl alt delete). What do i do man? A virus must have infected it and i misread the file name noooo! No wonder my comp had been fucking up lately.

Well a new install of windows will also reinstall the file u deleted.
I'd imagine that u can get it back with something like the recovery console, but I'm not expert when it comes to that.

Back
Top Bottom