Vintage. Computing. Awesomeness.

It's always given me more of a James Bond vibe. Secret agent stuff in secure government facilities. (which I'm sure these were deployed in..)

..but I feel the Star Trek vibe, too.

Do you have any more pieces? Have you considered donating components to a computer museum?

Regrettably, I have no more pieces available. I dabble in e-Waste recycling and salvage, this was just a random piece picked up with a bulk lot in some obscure, backwoods town in Ohio. When I first saw it, I wasn't entirely sure what it was, but I knew it was awesome. I did my homework on it and my jaw dropped.

Coolest piece of vintage computing equipment I've ever come across, bar none.

I wish I could donate it to a museum, but I can't afford to. That's why it's on eBay, rather than staying with me. I'm sure it'll find a good home somewhere.

I volunteer at a computer museum here in NJ from time to time. Hence the asking :) We actually have a PDP-8 and PDP-11 on display!

Is it a fully assembled/operational unit? I've yet to meet anyone who's got an authentic one running. I've seen lots of reproductions running around using original parts combined with new hardware.

From your sales verbage: "The PDP-11/x was perhaps the best selling, most powerful series of supercomputers in the world..."

I've never heard a PDP-11 described as a supercomputer before. While they were widely used, I don't think they were in the same league as a Cray supercomputer.

From your sales verbage: "The PDP-11/x was perhaps the best selling, most powerful series of supercomputers in the world..."

I've never heard a PDP-11 described as a supercomputer before. While they were widely used, I don't think they were in the same league as a Cray supercomputer.

Ah, you're right. I had to post the ad in a hurry (like, under 5 minutes), so the description was quickly put together and put online. Now that it's already got bids, it's too late to change the description. x.x

Ah well. The PDP-11 may as well have been a supercomputer. It might not have been as powerful as a Cray, but the unit still occupied half a room - and that counts for something!

Back
Top Bottom