Video on TV

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
I am going to be using a TV as my monitor on my new setup. I currently do not have a video card. The TV is a 20-23" (not real sure exactly). Whenever I set the resolution above 1024x768 the screen gets real "fuzzy" - for lack of a better word. Everything shows up but it's almost like I want to jiggle the connection to fix it. At 1024x768 the picture doesn't fill the whole screen. I want to get a cheap video card to see if this will fix the problem, but I don't want to waste my time and money if it won't. The TV is old but it is a flat screen. It does not have HDMI input, only VGA (for that matter it has only 3 inputs - Coax, VGA, and Composite A/V). So the cards I'm thinking of are:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131338
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102882

Any thoughts on if I can fix it without a new card or if one of the cards is likely to take care of it and which one I should go with?

Last edited:
Try changing the picture mode. On my tv's I had to change things from some kind of I put enhancement to passive to make everything fit right.

I realize that's vague and can check for the setting name whenever the hospital discharges me.

Oh ok, I didn't think of messing with the TV settings. I'll look into that when I get home. Thanks.

So I just got home and on my magnovox TV it's under the picture format options. I have options like 4:3, movie, zoom, wide and unscaled. To make things look right I had to choose unscaled. Not sure what it's under on the LG, if desired I can have the girlfriend get that later tonight.

No I got it figured out. Like I said I didn't even think to check the TV settings. Turns out, as soon as I hit the Menu button on the remote, there was a PC Settings option. Went to that and hit "auto adjust" and it looks perfect now (even at the highest resolution). I don't know why I didn't think of that before, but thanks! :Thanx:

Back
Top Bottom