Video proble with laptop

OldRelayer

Beta member
Hello all,

I had this brain storm of using the computer to feed my TV, enabling watching things on the computer as if you were watching television. This is something we could really use, because 1/2 the time we don't get over the air signal and get a feed off the Net.

I looked at the documentation for the TV and it had an HDMI connection, beautiful then all I needed to do is get a VGA to HDMI converter, which I did. One small problem, when I went to hook it up there is no HDMI connector, the manual is for many models and mine doesn't have one. I thought I could use the RGB connectors but found out that it is an input to the converter not an output. In the mean time I messed with the video setting, I thought to allow both monitors to work. When I turned it off last night it was working fine as a computer. My wife cranks up the computer this morning and after she entered her Vista password the screen went black and hasn't returned after a new power up.

My problem is for the moment I don't have a secondary monitor to see if I can change the setting and I am looking at a black screen on my laptop monitor.

Is there any way to get this thing back to the original setting without seeing it? I hate to bring it to a shop, they will charge me a $100 for something simple.

A secondary question. What do I do now, is there any way to get this to work short of getting a HDMI to RGB converter?

Please help,
Barry

Back
Top Bottom