video issue?

its snoodles

In Runtime
ok i just did a build for a friend and he took it home last night and he said he hasnt had any problems with it other than it had crashed twice with vertical lines going up and down the screen then he has got to force restart no blue screen or anything it is a xfx 5770 XXX edition. when i put the copy of windows on it for him i had no problems, it played crysis maximum settings with 0 lag so on only a few little lines across the screen in the airplane in the demo and they were barely noticable. he said that he wasnt even doing anything on the computer when it happened and it was at idle temps so i doubt its heat. If it plays games with absolutely no problems what would be the cause could it just be a bad copy of windows or something? should he reinstall it or would it just be a driver issue?

Try 10.3 drivers. If the lines still happen, I would attempt to reinstall windows. If that does not work, RMA the card.

Tbh it sounds like a bad card, but it is worth it to try some basic troubleshooting first.

yeah he has the 10.4 drivers i believe he is updating them as we speak he is gunna go out and buy a copy of windows 7 home premium 64 bit instead of reinstalling the copy he has then if it keeps happening yeah he will RMA the card

10.4 is the latest driver. The beta for 10.5 is a bad idea to use for testing of a malfunctioning card. 10.3 is what you want.

Oh and make sure he removes the old drivers before reinstalling.

nah i got it fixed it wasnt his card i guess it was a bad stick of RAM his windows just stopped working blue screened every time and corrupted his windows i had to remove the bad stick and reinstall his windows.

Back
Top Bottom