Video/Graphics card help

willcharlie04

Beta member
I recently got my own computer, and got the games I'd like to play on it. Only, I can't play some of them. My only guess is that I have an outdated video card (Though honestly it could be something else) , and since I've never done this sort of thing before, I'd like help in determining what kind to get. I don't need to play high rez games like Skyrim or Battlefield, I just want to be able to play TF2 and Amnesia. I'm a computer illiterate, so it would be best if you dumbed down the responses to be as simple as possible.

Here are some of my computers specs:

System info:
OS- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2006)
System Model- HP Compaq dc5100 SFF(PZ576UA)
Processor- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40 GHz (2CPUs)
Memory- 2040 MB RAM

Display Device:
Name- Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Chip Type- Intel(R)82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
DAC Type- Internal
Approx. Total Memory- 128.0 MB

If you need more info, by all means, ask. Thanks in advance for the help. :)

U need minimum this config.to play games

Ausus DG41 chipset based Mother board with graphic card,quadcore processor intel,minimum 2gb ram ddr3 kingston prefered,seagate sata hdd or western digital hdd.450 watts atx powersupply.

U need minimum this config.to play games

Ausus DG41 chipset based Mother board with graphic card,quadcore processor intel,minimum 2gb ram ddr3 kingston prefered,seagate sata hdd or western digital hdd.450 watts atx powersupply.

Not sure about all that or why the answer was so specific...

I think your processor (Pentium 4) is too outdated for gaming on. And it sounds like your graphics card is "onboard" meaning it's part of the motherboard? That would be the problem too.

I checked the specs for those 2 games and it seems like you should be ok if you would upadte the video card but really pentium 4 processors are about 2 generations behind. It might not be worth it to dump too much money into it.

FYI: System Requirements Specifications

Back
Top Bottom