Video Card Problem?

fetus

In Runtime
I recently upgraded to a 500Watt power supply and today I've gotten an error stating that the video card is receiving insufficient power. How can this be, anyone have any ideas?

I just double-checked all the connections and everything is firmly in place.

well ya see i just installed a new 500 watt power supply in a dell computer that supposedly uses a proprietary power supply...and i use a 6800gt.

wait, your using a dell?
well thats your problem! lol
If i were you, i would sell the dell for what it's worth ($25) and build another comp.
buttt, other than that, i would rollback the drivers for the vidcard,(or do a sys restore) then reinstall all your drivers, and if all else fails, on monday morning call Nvidia.
good night and good luck
^yea i know that was corny and kinda queer lol

thanks, but don't you think that the problems stem from the fact that there may be some kind of compatibilty issue with this new psu?

possibly, because dell might not want you messin wit ther awsum parts, but i doubt it
if that is the case tho, u'd hav to change the bios
try different things, it helps,if that doesnt help, go to the store where you bought it from and trade it in.

like i said before tho, mess wit the drivers, and stuff like that, try starting over from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom