Video card help

metuutem

Solid State Member
Im gonna be quick so as to not bore off help.

I used nlite to minimize my comp. and i mean minimize; i ONLY allowed the calculator, clock, vb 6.0, directx, multithreading support, security and wireless to remain.

im not having any trouble running any of my drivers/programs (all 11 of them) EXCEPT for the Nvidia geforce2 gts. when i looked at the uninstalled device list, there was the network, the audio, and 3 unknowns..... so i used nvidia's suite to try and install drivers on all 3 of em, but each one made the screen flicker and simply say that the device cant start.

any help on how to get an NVIDIA geforce2 gts running from scratch?

Download the drivers directly from the nvidia website. They are known for putting useless drivers on CDs.

ah yes, i tried that but available drivers only go back to geforce 4, or so i found.

automatic detection didn't work; iono if thats a problem on the card's side or what.

the OS is an extremely minimilist windows XP. as in, if you use nLite to take an image of the original CD, it will have 470 some odd components; of which i kept 20. i dont think it should matter, because windows can still inherently detect new hardware; i just ripped out all the but the barest of drivers.

the video card is a very old Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS.

Back
Top Bottom