VGA Slot on tower doesn't work, please help

KaZuKaAkUzAk

Beta member
I recently bought a new computer, and put in a GeForce 8500 GT. I have two monitors, a 17 inch, plain old monitor. and a 27 inch lcd tv. I hooked up both to the graphics card, using the VGA and S-Video slots. Today, though, I bought another VGA cable for the lcd tv. When I tried to use the VGA on the slot on the tower, neither the monitor, or the tv worked. Only the graphics card VGA slot works. Could someone please help me out? thank you. On a side note, a guy at radio shack said that the VGA cable was pretty good, and that the HDMI cables don't work most of the time. Is this true? thank you for any and all information.

i have a intel pentium 4 3.6 GHz 2.00 gigs of ram PCI-E slots, and a 320 HDD. i cant really say anything else, its a custom PC.

i dont think they will work at the same time. if you have the right drivers, you will most likely have to switch between them in the setting, from the desktop.

two outputs only if memory serves me correctly as mr.fixit has stated, the S-Video disables the second VGA out when used iirc.

Back
Top Bottom