VGA to RCA

gavinsco

Solid State Member
I'm trying to add a third monitor to my PC but I've run out of HD slots. I only have a VGA connection left and my third monitor doesn't have a vga connection. I just bought a VGA to RCA cable (I assume they're both analogue) but the connections are red, green and blue as opposed to the red white and yellow I was expecting for an RCA. After a wee bit of research, it turns out that this is "a piece of crap" and won't work. Does anyone know why? And if this is indeed not what I need, how could I connect the third monitor? The graphics card can handle it (radeon hd 7770) and the monitor (It's actually a TV) has the red, white and yellow RCA connection, HDMI and SCART. Thanks for any info in advance! :thumb:

I'm not sure, that's the point. That seems to be a VGA to female RCA but I need the male to go into the TV/monitor.

I've got one of those, but that's the component video cable I.E. the red, green and blue as opposed to the standard red, white and yellow which is what the TV supports, where the yellow cable carries all the video data.

Back
Top Bottom