USB SATA portable drive problems?

playaz

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I have a SATA portable hard drive, this uses a 2.5 inch hard drive which is housed in a very distinctive Sony Vaio enclosure.

All of sudden it no longer appears as a new drive when I plug this into my laptop (or my other desktop), although it has been working fine for a few months.

To be more precise, this responds differently to my USB cables - the first cable I use once plugged in it simply spins and gives it a quick click then repeats the process constantly.

The other 3 USB cables that I have tried simply just make the drive spin, the light on the drive turns from green, to amber then finally red (which doesnt sound good I guess)

At this point, the USB prevents me from opening up the My Computer, only once I physically unplug the cable from the USB port will it allow me to access this again.

Similarly when I go to Computer Management and go to the Storage >> Disk Management option - I can see the drive appear in the lower screen correctly as 232GB, but it doesnt appear in the top half of this same screen for some reason.

Can anyone suggest anything that may help me recover the data, or similar utilites for SATA drives?

My drive is as follows :
Fujitsu Model - MHZ2250BH G2

250GB SATA drive (formats to around 232GB)

Any advice guys?

Back
Top Bottom