USB problem

akira282

In Runtime
Hey all, I just started having a USB flash drive problem. Every time I try to save or copy something onto my flash drive it says "The Directory or File cannot be created."

I guess I damaged the usb some how when I was testing my other computer by placing it into the usb slot of that computer. I don't know why it damaged it but it appears it may have.

Any help would be nice.

The computer does recognize the drive and I can see the contents of the drive. Also, I can cut and paste a file on the flash drive to the desktop and back to the usb fine lol.

Any ideas?

I seemed to have fixed the problem:

I had to format the drive again.

Unfortunately, I lost all of my data obviously.
Fortunately, I didn't lose any pertinent data I suppose :(

Curious. If you were able to cut & paste from flash to desktop ... then why didn't you cut & paste all your data from flash to desktop before reformatting the flash drive?

Curious. If you were able to cut & paste from flash to desktop ... then why didn't you cut & paste all your data from flash to desktop before reformatting the flash drive?

Well, in hindsight that is exactly what I should have done. However, me being a bit impetuous didn't take that route ;).

I had somthing weird happen to my flash drive a few months back. I went to the library and was using the flash drive and all a sudden the screen went nuts. Then a screen poped up saying I was infected with a virus. I didn't think anything about because its not my pc its the libraries. Well when I got home and started using my flash drive and tried to drag and drop some things I notice it wasn't working right.
My advice would be to use a virus scanner and see if it finds anything unless you already tried.

I had somthing weird happen to my flash drive a few months back. I went to the library and was using the flash drive and all a sudden the screen went nuts. Then a screen poped up saying I was infected with a virus. I didn't think anything about because its not my pc its the libraries. Well when I got home and started using my flash drive and tried to drag and drop some things I notice it wasn't working right.
My advice would be to use a virus scanner and see if it finds anything unless you already tried.

you should've at least said something to someone so they could at least get the computer checked out, you may not depend on the library's computer but there may be some that do because they don't have a computer at home...

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom