USB Ports Shut down

golfreak923

Baseband Member
I have a home-built pc that's running a P4 w/ a willamette core (1.8 GHz). It's got some junky PC2100 RAM (512MB) and a Nvidia 128 Mb FX 5200 on a SOYO Mobo. The problem is...is that my USB ports continue to shut down when I am using it or even when I am not using it. I figured that maybe my power supply was the issue...so I upgraded my 300 watt to a 480 watt (plenty of power for my needs), but it continued to to it's thing (usb ports shut down). It's particularly an issue because my mouse and keyboard are USB...so i have to shut down and startup my PC again. It has plenty of cooling (14 fans) and it the processor usually runs around 113-115 degrees F. I have seven USB devices running on two USB ports (2 hubs)...which may be the problem...however, i don't want to invest in new USB 2.0 PCI cards if I don't have too. The hard drive is a 5400 RPM 30 gig and is about 3-5 years old. Also, I have experimented with some overclocking and voltage tweaking on the processor in the past...but that is all set to default now...what should I do?

you people and your fx 5200's

arrrrgh not another one, more fx5200's!
but anyway, I wouldnt recoment running all those USB devices out of two ports, and besides USB 2.0 cards arent that expensive anyway, also your mobo only has two USB ports? none on the case at all?

Back
Top Bottom