USB hub broken

Jaan

Solid State Member
Argh... like two months ago my mom broke my USB hub, and its a real pain, cause right now my PC is busted and I'd really like some new songs on my mp3 player. I HAVE USB 1
Ok... ill try to make a diagram:
USB_Jack.jpg

See that black little slip above the four wires? that isn't there, and that's why it broke, but I had been using it for a while WITHOUT the black plastic slip.
So, my mom jams in a usb stick and bends all the wires. I bended them all back using needle pliers or those thin ones or w.e and a fork. Before i did that, whenever I inserted a USB stick, it just auto-powered off (security feature i think). So now, only the first three little sticks (the wire connection things) are properly, the black plastic slip is missing, and the foruth little wire is completely bended in half. HOWEVER, when i insert a usb stick inside, the system doesn't auto power off.
PLEASE HELP ME ON:
What should I do next,
If you think I can fix it, what tools should I use ( I half most )

Thanks alot people!

Hmm, powering off the comp, removing all power and using a small piece of metal could work for placing back the bent wire. as for the plastic, what are you actually trying to tell?

Back
Top Bottom