USB Flash Drive Help Needed!

carlitos1

Baseband Member
I bought usb flash drive compatabile with both win98 and xp. I have downloaed the win98 drivers from ciboxcorp the manufacturers but I cant get this this thing to work on 98 it keeps saying the drivers arent installed.

the driver file i download is an exe file i install as is stated but still no luck this is really annoying ive been at it most of the evening but with nothing.

anyone please could you help me to get this working on my computer with windoes 98 i need to transfer some important files!

ps on my laptop with winxp it works fine ( no drivers needed) and it is using a 1.1 usb input

Have you restarted your computer after you installed it? It's not a guaranteed solution, but you should.

Have you tried installing the driver first and then connecting it. Whats it say in device manager. Also worth pointing out that if ya cant sort it ya screwed as microsoft dont support windows 98 anymore

if all fails, you can upgrade to windows 2000, it's just like xp, but not pretty and as user friendly, it can autodetect and install USB devices in a instant. Hope this helps, but keep in mind, upgrading may help alot of things!

yes I have restarted computer a number of times, in device manger is says driver not installed, is there anyway of opening up a exe file so I cant just put contents into one folder? ad then go to add new hardware, i dont want to upgrade this computer to 2000 win98 is usually very stable with everything and eventhough computer may ot be the best in the world its surprisingly quick

Win98 stable? :p

No offense but the whole 98 boondoggle (98, 98SE, ME) was the worst excuse for an OS there ever was.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade ASAP.

XP is as stable as MS products get..........

i need to transfer files from desktop to my laptop which is xp, not interested in upgrading I just need to find a way of getting usb stick working

If you cant sort it, then i would get in touch with the manufacturer of the USB stick. And if they cant help ya then ya pretty much screwed, like i said earlier 98 isnt supported anymore, so theres not alot you can do. And i think upgrading to 2000 is a good idea, its far more stable than 98 coz its built on NT.

Have you tried manually installing the driver from device manager? Cant remember exactly how to do it, but if ya right click on it ya should be to work it out. Also, is there anything else missing in device manager or just the USB?

the required driver is in an exe file, i would prefer it if I could open up the exe file and extract is contents to one folder, i dont know how to do this? that way I could manually add hardware and choose the required driver from the folder the exe file is a problem i click on it and follow the guidlines and it says driver has been installed fine and then tells me to plug in usb stick which i do but still it doesnt recognise it?

Back
Top Bottom