Upgrading some stuf, (RAM, OS)

Bub9110

Beta member
So I'm finally going to upgrade to windows 7, haven't had funds to do it really until now. With that I am also going to up the amount of RAM I'm running.

This is the link to my current motherboard:
MSI Global ? Mainboard - 870-G45

This is the RAM I was looking at so far:
Newegg.com - Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model BLT2KIT4G3D1337DT1TX0

On the MoBo specs it says the speeds for memory are DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600* (OC), does it mean that I can buy memory at the 1600 speed or just that it can be effectively clocked up to that? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Also If anyone know a better choice on ram that would be great. I'm looking at 8 gigabytes of it. Maybe a little but more but for now I think I'll be happy with 8.

Sweet, that should work out great then. If I wanted to go up to say 12 gigabytes could I just buy a triple channel kit? Or does your mobo need to specifically for triple channels. From my understanding it really makes no difference besides they package them in sets of 3 and 3 to decide the channels they are on.

You don't need to have a triple channel motherboard to use a triple channel memory kit. The dual, triple and quad channel memory kits are just sequential memory modules in the production run.

Back
Top Bottom