Upgrading my laptop

Bennerd

Solid State Member
Hey guys, to start i dont know much about computers, i know how to run my computers and play games on them without them crashing, thats it. so you'll have to not only tell me what to do but how to do it.

but what i want to do is upgrade my Hp Pavilion dv6700 entertainment laptop
its got 3 gigs of RAM which im happy with but i want to be able to use it for some serious gaming. i have the 32-bit version of windows vista service pack 1, using AMD turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 7150M/ nForce 630M

with christmas comming up i am making a list of things i want, so if you can give me an estimated price that would be great, that and the price range is $300 max per item (this might be a lot im not sure). i want to be able to play Left 4 Dead and games of that caliber, what do you guys suggest for me to get? thanks for your help!

There really isn't anything you can do to upgrade your laptop.

Your best bet would be to save up for a desktop that you could game on.

really? hmm... is it because its not very compatable? (such as the integrated video card) or because there are not a lot of things to upgrade a laptop?

Well, yes. Integrated graphics cannot be upgraded and there really aren't many things to upgrade a laptop with aside from memory and hard drives. CPU's can be upgraded, but that takes a bit of work.

Back
Top Bottom